"Amazing street food" Top 5 Page for this destination Street Vendor Tip by mjd74

Street Vendor, Puerto Vallarta: 7 reviews and 3 photos

Having lived in Vallarta, it has allowed me to experience a lot of the food that is sold on the street. Being that I feel a need to try anything and everything it has landed me a trip to the bathroom more than a few times.

I know that a lot of people are hesitant when it comes to eating street food; my advice is to choose the locations where all of the locals are eating. The place that I recommend is just outside the short tunnel located on the corner. The food there is simply amazing to say the least.

I highly recommend the tacos al pastor, or pork tacos. Tacos al pastor are cooked much like you would gyros. What sepperates them from the other vendors is that instead of cooking with gas, they use charcoal.
Whenever I come into contact with anyone that is going to Mexico I always tell them to complete there trip with some tacos al pastor.

I also recommend taking a taxi there, because it is a bit off the beaten path.

Favorite Dish: This is your typical street vendor, which is always full with locals. This is one of the busiest places to buy street food.

The atmosphere is really laid back.

HOW TO GET THERE

there is a road that you can take into vallarta that goes around the downtown area and brings you to old town vallarta. There is 2 tunnels that you need to go through in order to get there. This is just outside the short tunnel. It is the first taco place that you will see.

It opens at 7pm.

Address: Venustiano Carranza & the tunnel
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Read the description of the restaurent.
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5

• Updated Aug 15, 2003

Comments

mjd74

“leave no stone unturned”

Have you been to Puerto Vallarta?