Hotels Carmel /'t Witte Huys: "Affordable 3 Star Hotel in Scheveningen" Netherlands Hotel Tip by Paul2001

Netherlands Hotels: 157 reviews and 145 photos

Hotel Carmel/'t Wittehuys, Sheveningen
by Paul2001

One of the more pleasant surprises I ever had was staying at the Hotels Carmel in Scheveningen. This was largely the case because it was virtually the only affordable hotel room I could book in all of Holland for when I arrived in the country. This was because of two reasons. The tall ships were visiting Amsterdam. The other was a cardiologist convention in that same city. The Netherlands was packed and hotel rooms was had to find. After some searching I found a room at the Hotels Carmel. Guess what? It was really nice.

Unique Qualities: The hotel is just 100 metres from the waterfront. There are lots of restaurants, bars and a casino nearby. Overall the atmosphere was very quaint. It sort of reminded me of Fawlty Towers in design. I was surprised by the size of my room too for it was fairly large. Finally the staff here was very friendly.
Initially when I posted this tip the website posted below I mentioned that it was in Dutch only but now there is an English link. I wonder if they did this just because of me?

Address: Bosschestraat 2
Comparison: about average
Directions: 100 metres from the beach.
othercontact: www.booking.nl
Phone: +31 (0)70-355-37-12
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.wittehuys.nl

• Updated Aug 11, 2005

Comments

Paul2001

“Follow your spirit!”

Have you been to Netherlands?