"Niederösterreich > Wachau > Spitz an der Donau" Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Off The Beaten Path Tip by globetrott
Europe Off The Beaten Path: 344 reviews and 679 photos
Spitz an der Donau is in a distance of about 5 Km from Dürnstein.
The village offers plenty of hotels and restaurants and is also famous for it's wonderful church.
The church dates back to the 14th century and has plenty of great paintings and sculptures, BUT the artists are unknown, as during one of the many wars in the medieval times all documents have disappeared.
In Spitz you also have the possibility to cross the Danube on a car-ferry .
Spitz has its own train-station ( www.oebb.at )
More Off The Beaten Path in Europe (109)
More Reviews (239)
- See All Achenseebahn: oldest cogwheeltrain on...
- See All RUSSIA: I found 50.000,- $$ on the Red...
- See All ITALY: Siena - give it at least 24 hours
- See All ITALY: Carnevale di Venezia
- See All a romantic hotel in Rothenburg ob der...
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Europe?Share Your Travels