Biyukukung Suites and Spa: "New kid on the Block!" Bali Hotel Tip by Svitata

Bali Hotels: 630 reviews and 1,132 photos

Pool view
by Svitata

I immediately liked the hotel the instant we pulled into their driveway. The entire hotel compound is surrrounded by padi fields! It is quite a cosy set up, with only 2 Suites, 5 Deluxe Rooms and 3 Standard Rooms. This offers a lot of privacy and tranquility as you will hardly bump into the other guests.

All their rooms (except for the family villas) are in fact 2 storey buildings, with the open bath and shower on the ground floor, and the bedroom and TV on the 2nd floor. All rooms face the padi fields and it is such a pleasure waking up every morning to the sight! I especially love the bathtub and open shower concept, makes me feel closer to nature when I shower!

I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to wake up in Ubud in a more luxurious setting.

However, I would avoid the spa in the hotel as it is more expensive than the independent ones and there was quite a sizeable swarm of mosquitoes when I visited it!

Their published rates are rather high, but you could write to them directly and ask for a better deal.

Unique Qualities: They have a cosy and nice infinity- type swimming pool, with a view of (what else but) padi fields!

I just love the rooms! There are more pictures of the hotel in my travelogue, if you're interested to find out more.

Address: Jl. Sugriwa 89, Ubud Bali
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

“Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero!”

Have you been to Bali?