In every city within Chile: "Pastel de Choclo" Top 5 Page for this destination Chile Restaurant Tip by Aquamantos
Chile Restaurants: 87 reviews and 81 photos
Favorite Dish: Instead of describing Restaurants here, I'll suggest typical Chilean dishes, as this page is for Chile in general.
Pastel de Choclo's Recipe (Taken from the Chicago Tribune):
1 Chicken breast, skinned and bonned
8 oz Hambuerger meat, extra lean
1/4 tablespoon Salt
1/4 tablespoon Black Pepper
1/2 cup Raisins
2 tablespoons Klmata Olives; chopped
1/2 tablespoon Canola oil
1/8 tablespoon Paprika
1 Medium onion, finely chopped
16 oz Corn kernels; thawed
1/2 cup Non-fat milk
3/4 teaspoon Cumin, ground
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray skillet with non-stick vegetable spray; place over medium heat until hot. Cook chicken breast 2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet, set aside.
2. Put beef in same skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until no longer pink. Stir in salt, pepper, raisins and olives. Spoon ¼ of mixture into each of 4 small, oven-proof bowls or one 8X8 inch baking dish. Cut cooked chicken breast into quarters; place one quarter on top of meat in each bowl.
3. Combine oil and paprika in same skillet; place over medium heat until hot. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. While onion is cooking, combine thawed corn, milk, cumin salt and pepper in food processor; puree.
4. Add pureed corn mixture to cooked onion in skillet; mix well. Continue cooking 5 minutes. Spoon 1/4 of corn mixture over top of each bowl of meat. Bake until bubbly and nicely browned, 35-40 minutes.
*Photo: taken from www.google.com*
Directions: In almost every restaurant in Chile
More Reviews (37)
- See All ANTARTICA EXPEDITIONS
- National Newspapers
- See All LAPISLAZULI JEWELRY :o)
- See All PRACTICING Y O G A :o)))
Aquamantos' Related Pages
Have you been to Chile?Share Your Travels