Asia de Cuba - CLOSED: "When Size Matters...." Top 5 Page for this destination Asia de Cuba - CLOSED Tip by cjg1

Asia de Cuba - CLOSED, New York City: 10 reviews and 6 photos

May 24, 2003
by cjg1

This restaurant is located on Madison right next to the Morgans hotel. I once read this place is packed with those on the A list, the it list, and those wanting to be on a list. And let me tell you. That remark is dead on. Except when we VTers are around.
It is a family style setting in that the portions are huge and meant to be shared.

Favorite Dish: I was very impressed with the food. I know I need to stop saying that about the food when I go to VT meetings but it really is true. Whenever we have a VT dinner we find the best places to eat.
That said my favorite part of the meal was the Calamari Salad. I have never liked calamari before but this salad just said it all to me. I have since searched it out elsewhere but this is where it all started for me. Also the chicken dish on the entree menu was very good.
Also be sure to check out the desserts here. See Geisha_Girl's page for a pic of the cake we had.

Address: 237 Madison Avenue
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: On Madison between 37th and 38th
Phone: 212 726 7755
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 4
Theme: Eclectic/International
Website: http://www.morganshotel.com/morgans_hotel_asia_de_cuba.asp

• Updated Apr 9, 2012

Comments

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to New York City?