"PUERTO IGUAZU : IGUAZU FALLS" Argentina Things to Do Tip by swesn

Argentina Things to Do: 447 reviews and 726 photos

The overwhelming Iguazu Falls
by swesn

The Rio Iguazu receives water from over 30 rivers and travels across the plateau until finally, it dislodges everything at the tri-border of Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay, becoming the most impressive and overwhelming water-falls in South America.

Personally, I feel it is the most impressive water-fall in the entire world. The water plunges in 275 falls over an edge of 3200m. Just think of the volume of water tumbling down, continuously for tens of thousands of years already and for many more to come.

On the Argentinian side, one walks ON TOP of the walls and feels the MAJESTY much closer to you.

I was moved to tears when I was standing mere metres from the Garganta del Diablo (or Devil?s Throat), the most spectacular part of the falls. My knees felt weak. I just totally lost myself to the power of the falls.

If you are visiting both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides, my suggestion is to do the Brazilian side first for the overview, before visiting the Argentinian side for the power.

• Updated Jun 28, 2003

Comments

swesn

“Every second of every day you're faced with a decision that can change your life - make it!”

Have you been to Argentina?