VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Guinness Storehouse" Guinness Brewery Tip by sarahandgareth

Guinness Brewery, Dublin: 140 reviews and 215 photos

Guinness Logo
by sarahandgareth

I'm not going to lie to you, I like beer. I've toured a few breweries in my time and was expecting another brewery tour when I lined up outside the Guinness Storehouse, but no... This was an experience of an entirely different kind. The self-guided tour, which focused more on ingredients and history, only breezed over the actual brewing process. As we worked our way up the pint glass shaped building, we experienced the sights, sounds, and even smells of brewing without even having a brewery in the building. We particularly enjoyed the exhibit where you can see coasters, posters, paraphernalia, and even television ads covering the company's entire history of advertising. The coup de grace? A free (or at least already paid for) pint at the top of our tour in the Gravity Bar, featuring a 360 degree view of the city.

Address: St James Gate, Dublin 8
Phone: +353 1 4084804
Website: http://www.guinnessstorehouse.com

• Updated May 21, 2004

Comments

sarahandgareth

“So much to see, so little time...”

Have you been to Dublin?