"Taxi-brousse and 4*4 (4WD)" Toamasina Transportation Tip by Norali

Toamasina Transportation: 5 reviews and 9 photos

My fave to hop from a city to another
by Norali

They are my favourite transportation means to hop from a city to another since they allow you to see landscapes. Besides, travelling by taxi-brousse with other passengers is a good way to know about Malagasy people since this transortation means is used by Malagasy of all kinds.

Book seats within taxi-brousse companies or associations in Tana. Be careful to book in advance since this is a really sought-after means (cheaper, adventure). It's quite strange but they are professional (on time, in contrary of other services). Taxi-brousses are often cars like a sedan with 8-9 seats or vans.
OR, rent a sedan car with a chauffeur-guide who will show you around cities. This was our choice to travel from Center to South of Madagascar.

In Tana, book your seats at taxi-brousses station in Ambodivona. This station is dealing with roadtrips to Northern parts (Antsiranana), North-West (Mahajanga) and Eastern parts (Toamasina). I think departures would be there as well.
Antananarivo-Toamasina city: 372 km.

PS: Tip applies for travelling AROUND as well.
I used this car for my Big South Journey as well as while Heading east. I appreciate as well a berline since the road is quite often good.

Mode: TO
Type: Car/Motor Home

• Updated May 28, 2003

Comments

Norali

“Natural Highs Only ;-)”

Have you been to Toamasina?