"Listen to sea, smell sea, sleep with the sea..." Toamasina Things to Do Tip by Norali

Toamasina Things to Do: 8 reviews and 8 photos

Live sea style!
by Norali

It's not a joke but I find it particularly interesting and unusual to smell sea while wandering in a coastal city.

Every part of the city makes you aware of sea presence. Sea smell, docks activities, and even at night, sea noises. I like to hear waves crashing down on shore while I am in my bed...

This hits me every time I go to a coastal city. While sleeping, in the middle of the night, I use to be waken up by the noise of waves crashing down on shore... And then I realize I am on holidays in a coastal area... Not that the sound is intrusive, not at all since I like it... Afterwards, I just find back my sleep with a smile ..

This feeling was even more exacerbated when you live and sleep in a simple bungalow made of wooden barks, like I did in Ambila Lemaitso (see my "Off the beaten path" tips in Faritanin'i Toamasina as well) .. Memories are back, here!!

A reminder: No bath at Toamasina city seafront (sharks!!) Rather go to Mahavelona, Tahiti kely or Mahambo for that!
Here, a picture of Mahavelona beach. For more, see my Tlogue in Mahavelona page as well.

Address: Seafront- shore

• Updated May 31, 2003

“Natural Highs Only ;-)”

Have you been to Toamasina?