"Me and my temporary trophee" Brugge Warnings Or Dangers Tip by irisbe

Brugge Warnings and Dangers: 40 reviews and 45 photos

me and my trophee!
by irisbe

When I visited the brewery Halve Maan for the 2nd time, I did encounter a big problem.
I was there with a big company of people,
When we ordered our drinks I asked if I could pls have the beer in its original glas so to make a picture for my collection Was it the question? my Antwerp accent? the waiter a young arrogant blond guy started to tell me in a very hautain way that glasses were not given because ... and then he made a walking movement with his fingers over the table. We all sat there amazed by his boldness and unfriendlyness. I said I understood but it was a pity as I cannot make a picture of it then. From that moment he ignored me totally. I could order something or not, it didn't made any difference, I got nothing at all! My company could not believe their eyes! so finally we set him up as some one else told him... "and pls finally bring this lady something to drink too?" So now he could not do else but turn to me and then a elder lady started to fire in her Flanders dialect he better brought that beer immediatly and in an appropriate glass! He tried another attempt on insulting me asking if I wanted the glass with the bottle next to it?
You have it from the tap right? then bring it IN the glass if you pls, I replied.
Some tables were specially reserved for us so we moved to the particular table.
And passing by that arrogant waiter we all laughed and said He! don't worry... we are not stealing this glass! we are not walking out... we are moving to that table .He turned red. Another waiter took over.
We didn't see him in our neighborhood again!
and every one posed with my trophee for a picture!
We did gave the glass back!
I am no thief!

You can guess that I think twice before going back in this brewery! But then I think if he is as arrogant with me, he must be with others too and finally some one will tell the management and he will be kicked out.

So the message in here is: don't let no one fool with you, tourist or no tourist!

• Updated May 27, 2003

Comments

irisbe

“Always be open to new experiences”

Have you been to Brugge?