"Be warned of the 'Toilet System' in Malaysia !" Toilets & Sanitation Tip by city_guy
Toilets & Sanitation, Kuala Lumpur: 6 reviews and 3 photos
As some of you might know, South East Asian has 2 types of toilets.
►1st Type: The Western Seat
- Which is commonly found all over the western world.
►2nd Type: The 'Squatting' type
- Now, in the picture you will get a rough idea of how it looks like and how you're supposed to use it. Simple, go in, close door, remove pants or pull down(asian style), squat and get on with your business.
- Most 'squat' toilets come with water and tissue paper, but don't be supprised if you come across one WITHOUT both!
- Always take some tissue when visiting these toilets. small tissue packs can be bought from just about anywhere for around 30? a pack.
- Sometimes at malls, they can be bought for a mere 30 cents from the lady manning the toilet at the entrance.
- Most malls do charge a toilet entrance fee which ranges from 20cents - 50cents.
- Gas/ Petrol Stations do not charge, but be warned of the smell at some stations.
- Public toilets out in the open, erm..well, some are well taken care of, and some are amazingly unbareable.
- Best place to use toilets are the Hotels. They usually have everything and are free. Hey, even I use the hotel toilets when in town☺.
►For emergencies only:
If the seat is dirty, do like the locals do, get up on the seat and squat like a squatting type. Everyone does it, cause you might use up an entire pack just trying to clean the rim and it till looks dirty.
►Reason for water hose:
It's because the muslim people(and some others) prefer to wash their [censored] and hands after a long session. They believe it's much cleaner that way.
If you come across a really dirty and stinky one, oh well, it's just the culture here. Some people still after all these years do not know the meaning of the word Hygiene even after the goverment has tried over and over..So, live and let live....
Address: Kuala Lumpur
More Reviews (72)
- See All KL to Penang Island
- See All Chinatown March 2006
- See All By the road...
- See All Zouk Kuala Lumpur
- See All Local Chinese Beauties!
- See All Proton 'GEN-2' - Latest Malaysian Made...
- See All Putrajaya Main PM office
- See All Watch the Lanterns over your head
- See All World Power Boat Championship
- Hotel opposite Times Square
- Beware of 'Taxi Touts' on arrival at...
Been to Kuala Lumpur?Share your travels with the world!
city_guy's Related Pages
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels