"One Night a Week" Sightseeing Tip by tvor
Sightseeing, London: 413 reviews and 436 photos
Favorite thing: Most of the tourist attractions, galleries, museums and the big cathedrals are closed by 5 or 6 p.m. Many, however, are open one night a week, often Wednesday or Thursday until about 8. Sometimes there is a reduced entrance fee in the evening. Check the guide books or the weekly Time Out guide for London that you can get at the news stands.
Another bonus is that quite often, if you go to the attraction around 4 or 5 for the early evening, the crowds are thinner and more manageable.
Fondest memory: We went to Westminster Abbey on it's open night, Wednesday, and were allowed to take photos and the back part of the Abbey where you usually have to pay to see the chapels and crypts was free. The drawback this particular night was that the nave and choir were closed because of rehearsals but the plus side was that we could hear the choir singing :) The Abbey does not charge to see the nave and main bits.
More Reviews (104)
- See All Nature and space, all under one roof
- See All Light and airy pub, Tottenham court road
- See All Great hotel near Euston
- See All Petrie Museum of Egyptology
- See All Wicked Theatre
- See All Ordering Theatre tickets online
- See All Bus map for the major attractions
- See All London Open House Weekend
- See All Travel books, guides and maps
- See All High Priced Attractions
- See All Theatre Dress Codes
tvor's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels