"spend at least a day on..." Other CITIES Tip by TheFish

Other CITIES, California: 11 reviews and 18 photos

Favorite thing: spend at least a day on catalina island. it was definitely one of my favourite days in l.a. when i went to monaco a year later it reminded me alot of catalina... they are both tiny, and both seem to be completely contained, like they don't need anything from the outside world.

Fondest memory: i went with my friend mike and we had a wonderful day. took a couple of those funny little tourist tours, catalina style. one was a bus tour of the historical stuff. the driver was hilarious simply pq he took his job so seriously. it was great fun. we also did a glass bottom boat tour, and i loved seeing all the fishies swimming around. the tours were rather expensive, but by l.a. standards not overpriced.

we also went swimming and the sea was beautiful... very clear, although i seem to remember that the bottom was rocky. no matter, i wore my tevas.

i remembered the other day that they drive golf carts there. i never knew golf carts were made as mini vans, or convertibles. fascinating... while on the bus tour, we saw john tesh (american sub-celebrity) driving in a golf cart... with his son... and a pizza.

• Written Aug 24, 2002

The Law of Drunkeness: You can`t fall off the floor

Ranked Member

Have you been to California?