"Bay to Breakers - History (in the) Buffs" Local Events Tip by Pounder73
Local Events, San Francisco: 12 reviews and 13 photos
Began in 1912 to kick-start the city?s moral after the ?06 quake. It worked in a way to exemplify what San Francisco is all about.
*Longest consecutively run footrace in the WORLD
*Truly international (Kenyan, James Koskei, has won now 3X?s in a row ? ?03)
*70 registered, 100,000+ total participants.
*Holds stats for ?Fastest Men's Centipede Time: 37:39.6? (women?s 47:36)
B2B is non profit - proceeds go to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society?Northern California Division
UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center
Junior Achievement of the Bay Area
Community Educational Services
and lots of naked people...
More Off The Beaten Path in San Francisco (10)
More Reviews (56)
- See All VT's Angels - I thought I died and went...
- See All Become a Geisha Manwich
- See All Napa (St Helena / Calistoga)
- See All Music Got your Dollar? - at least give...
- See All NASCAR - America's Fastest Growing Sport
Pounder73's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels