"a big group of us went to..." Driving - Navigating Tip by TheFish

Driving - Navigating, Chicago: 4 reviews and 2 photos

a big group of us went to chicago in may of 1999. we took two mini-vans. by virture of the fact that i'd been to chicago before (when i was twelve) i got to navigate and drive. oh what fun. i did good though... didn't get lost once. chicago traffic, according to my family, is horrible. i didn't think it was all that bad.

i only had one problem with it and that was on the highway going to indiana (we were staying there with one boy's family). it was late and everyone in the van was sleeping except me, the driver. i was driving in the left hand lane (traditionaly the fast lane in america) when suddenly the cars in front of me started braking and swerving. i didn't know what was going on - until the last car in front of me swerved and i saw a car driving right towards me. i jerked out of that lane (lucky there was no one beside me) and slammed on the brakes. i missed the car but i braked so hard that all the sleeping people in my van were thrown out of their seats. they weren't hurt but they were none too pleased either. i didn't care. i hate people sleeping while i'm driving - the rule is that you can't do anything in my car that i can't do while i'm driving. (take that however you want...) i thought it was kinda funny that i woke them all up. the experience was a little scary though. what was that idiot doing driving the wrong way on the highway? in the left lane, too...

• Written Aug 24, 2002

The Law of Drunkeness: You can`t fall off the floor

Ranked Member

Have you been to Chicago?