"Nightlife in this town is..." Berlin Nightlife Tip by Luis_Alberto

Berlin Nightlife: 289 reviews and 289 photos

Nightlife in this town is GREAT!. Lots of discos, bars, local taverns with great German music (Marianne Rosenberg) seems to be a favorite, when I was there. It is quite expensive though, and they will even charge you for a glass of water.
On weekends some of the discos are packed!, and I mean, PACKED!. Techno music was still a favorite in many places. What I love about it, was the variety of styles of these places, unlikely Los Angeles, where the decor theme seems to be the same everywhere. Here in Berlin, each establishment has its own mood and decor.

Dress Code: Depends on the kind of place you go to, but in general I found out Berliners have a pretty liberal dress code. They could care less, taking all of their clothes off in a warm summer or spring day, they will lay on the grass of the big parks, enjoying and sunning themselves, without much care, what any foreigner may think of this.

Directions: The western part of Berlin, still has the best establishments, although the eastern part is catching up fast. Prices tend to be higher on the western part, just a bit.
Theme: Dancing

• Written Aug 24, 2002

“Sorry my friends, I have been busy, but I am still around!”

Ranked Member