"Armand Bayou Nature Center, Clear Lake area" Top 5 Page for this destination Clear Lake Tip by XenoHumph
Clear Lake, Houston: 4 reviews and 4 photos
This is a preserved bayou (= river/wet land in Southern US english) in the Clear Lake area (SE Houston, near NASA-Johnson Space Center). It is ideal to get an idea of what the area looked lke before Houston existed. It has several loop trails, each passing a different natural environment: wet-land, coastal forest, prairie. To observe birds and alligators, the best is to rent a canoe and paddle the many water ways. The center also organizes early morning canoe trips to watch the wild life ($20, reservation necessary).
if you do not want to pay the $3 to enter the Nature Center, you can always go to Bay Area Park just West of it, where they have a nice pier with a great view on the bayou.
Address: 8500 Bay Area Blvd, Houston, TX 77507
From Houston, take I-45 South, take exit 26 at Bay Area Boulevard, go east 7 miles just past Bay Area Park.
More Off The Beaten Path in Houston (14)
More Reviews (86)
- See All Fancy Mexican on Westheimer
- See All Go for the butterflies @ the M. of...
- See All Map of Houston: Caption by Alphabetical...
- See All Farmers Markets are coming to Houston!!!
- See All The Revitalization of Downtown Houston
- See All The new Tramway line
- See All Dangerous areas of Houston
- Houston Theater District
- See All Hotel with great view in Clear Lake
- See All Minute Maid Park
- See All Kemah Boardwalk: expensive and nothing...
Been to Houston?Share your travels with the world!
XenoHumph's Related Pages
Have you been to Houston?Share Your Travels