Westpark Hotel: "Amazing, an affordable decent midtown hotel" New York City Hotel Tip by feline01

New York City Hotels: 1,400 reviews and 1,087 photos

I had an early doctor's appointment (7:30AM) on 5/12/03 so me and my husband decided to stay overnight rather than deal with rush hour traffic. We only live 1/2 hour away but this appointment was so important, we decided to be stress-free. I did an internet hotel search for any hotel near 57th/58th & Broadway. Only 2 hotels were under $200/night, the rest were extremely expensive. I booked the Westpark through www.hotels.com for an amazing $89.00/night. I expected a complete fleabag for that price but was pleasantly surprised. It was much nicer than expected.

Unique Qualities: The room was small (had to walk sideways to get to the other side of the bed) but the bathroom was clean and had Bath & Bodyworks toiletries and the sheets were clean. It's a perfect place to stay if you want to be near Central Park (one block north) or Times Square (16 blocks south). The subway station is across the street (1,3,9 etc) and there is a parking garage next door that if you enter between 5am-10am, it only costs $11.00 with tax. I left the hotel at 7:20 for a 7:30 appointment and we were still early. If booking, check www.hotels.com rather than www.westparkhotel.com since hotels.com gave a better rate than the hotel.

Address: 6 Columbus Circle between 7th and 8th.
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: The hotel is actually on 58th Street, 1 block south of Columbus Circle.
othercontact: 1-212-445-0200
Phone: 1-866-westpark
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.westparkhotel.com or www.hotels.com

• Written May 14, 2003

“Love life? Go vegan.”

Have you been to New York City?