"Gambling" Casinos / Gambling Tip by Christlike

Casinos / Gambling, Las Vegas: 39 reviews and 37 photos

I have to speak on this issue, because a gambling habit can be very detrimental in a person's life. My first two visits to Vegas, I won several hundred dollars, but on the return visit I lost several more money than what I won. Whether you are religious or not, I believe the reason Vegas is so rich is because of the popular saying "money is the root of all evil." All of the casinos are favorite to win otherwise they wouldn't be in business. Have you ever wondered why you never get lucky and win it big? Why is it always that person who doesn't gamble much and just pulls once or twice on a slot machine, wins millions? I believe the reason lies where your heart is. If you look in the Bible, specifically at 1 Timothy 6:10, "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil..." It is the "love" of money which is the root of many kinds of evil. Think about it, if man was not so hungry for money, there wouldn't be prostitution, drug deals, and casinos. Also in Matthew 6:21, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." If you have that desire to make a quick buck in Vegas and want to win, win, win, its not going to happen!

You ask, "Where are you going with all of this?" I firmly believe if you go to Vegas with the heart of not wanting to win, but just to play for fun, then you will win. I am not saying that you will win millions, but I would bet that you wouldn't walk away empty handed. And you shouldn’t take out a mortgage on your house to gamble with, but if you go with lets say $100 and keep that at your limit, you will do fine. You should only gamble with money you can afford to loose! And DON'T have a greed for money to come your way in Vegas. Just have a good time and play the vast different games that are offered. Remember, you can't hid the greed for money in your heart and not have God know about it. He sees all and knows all.

If you have a gambling problem, I have included the phone number below of where you can get free help.

Address: Las Vegas
Phone: (800) 522-4700

• Updated May 14, 2003

“Do not follow where the path may lead?go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”

Have you been to Las Vegas?