"take a WALK back down" Top 5 Page for this destination Hohensalzburg Fortress Tip by globetrott
Hohensalzburg Fortress, Salzburg: 204 reviews and 363 photos
It certainly makes sense to WALK back down to the city of Salzburg.
The way is rather slippery and steep , but you will also pass by many of the interesting gates you may see ONLY THIS way.
And you will also see the big hole in the wall, where all the waste was thrown down, including dead bodies of prisoners and enemies who tried to conquer the fortress
More Things to Do in Salzburg (62)
More Reviews (88)
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Vienna
- See All Vötter's Fahrzeugmuseum in Kaprun
- See All Falconry at Burg Werfen
- See All a bar hanging directely under the heaven
- See All a 3star pension next to the airport
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Salzburg?Share Your Travels