"About an hour south of..." Columbus Off The Beaten Path Tip by 1sassyfemme

Columbus Off The Beaten Path: 24 reviews and 41 photos

About an hour south of Columbus there is a place tucked away in the hills, Smoke Rise Ranch, that offers a wide variety of outdoor activities.
My reason for coming was for Spring Jam, a two day music festival. Smoke Rise Ranch provides hundreds of acres of campgrounds with plenty of trees for shade. If tent camping isn't your style, the ranch also has cabins available with bath houses near by and electricity. You can also go horseback riding for a small hourly fee. In all, Smoke Rise Ranch is a good time whether you've come to have fun or get in tough with the outdoorsman or woman in you.
This was a very exciting festival for me. Not only was it my birthday, and not only was I going to see my favorite band, but I had almost all of my local friends together! Everytime Dark Star Orchestra played a song it seemed to be for my friends and we all hugged and sang and danced!! My friend Gene and I were nearly in tears as we stood there holding hands as 'Terrapin Station' cast its spell over the hilltop.

• Written Aug 24, 2002

More Off The Beaten Path in Columbus (1)

“You are what you know.”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Columbus?