"Road Trip Needs" United States of America Packing List Tip by dln6874

United States of America What to Pack: 38 reviews and 41 photos

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: - I kept a pillow and blanket in the car in case I had to sleep in the car. Didn't have to though.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: - Travel size hand sanitizer: When your hungry on the road and you can't be bothered to stop and wash your hands, it might come handy.
- Armor-all wipes: Your car will get dirty and dusty after a while. The floor isn't so much an issue, but it gets annoying to stare at a layer of dust on your dashboard after a long while in the car.
- Spare napkins: I keep extras I get from fast food joints in the glove compartment in case I forget them next time or if I get food from grocery store or mini marts. Also useful in case you spill something.
-Air freshner: Spend a long time in your car with all of your dirty clothes, beach stuff, etc., and your car is bound start smelling.

Miscellaneous: - Spare tire & tools: See tip on spare tire
- Jumper cables: Even if you have a new battery, you never know when others might need it, or when you might accidentally leave the lights on all night.
- Road atlas: It's always good to have a way to figure out where you are going. I often head out assuming I can follow signs, but I end up pulling the atlas out while I am driving to find the best route and reassure myself that I'm going the right way.
- Proper documents: Insurance cards, registration, license, user's manual, roadside assistance info, etc.
-ALL of your CD's: You will get tired of searching for a radio station sometime, and some places you might only get country, if any music at all. Take the CDs out of its case and put it in a multi-CD holder to save space.
- Earphone for Cells: You might end up talking on the phone a lot more on the road to keep your mind off of the long drive. It is certainly a lot more comfortable to talk through an earphone than through the hand piece. Plus, it's much safer.

• Written May 7, 2003

More What to Pack in United States of America (1)

“Travelling is a way of life - not a holiday”

Have you been to United States of America?