"Great Architecture Around the City-Konzerthaus" Gendarmenmarkt Tip by grishaV1

Gendarmenmarkt, Berlin: 9 reviews and 9 photos

Favorite thing: I like all of the interesting buidlings and architecture. You can see the old style buildings and also the new altogether and next to each other. Many buildings look like historic but they were built newly after the wars because of damages. But even so there are some really ugly buildings too, but most I liked. Konzerthaus at Gendarmenmarkt was one of my favorite,it was built in 1821. Its the home of the Berlin Symphony Orchestra. I´ve gone twice to concerts at the hall and each time its just a joy. Beautiful building completely, Germans have a great love for music certainly and they maintain this buildings wonderfully.

Fondest memory: I had visited this area while being shown around the city the first time I came to Berlin, but during language classes often we have a short tour for newcomers who have seen the sites and inevitably we go to Gendarmenmarkt. If you take the U2, you get off at the Stadt Mitte stop. Its a nice area, in Winter they have a Weihnachtsmarkt here which is very nice.

Address: Gendarmenmarkt, Berlin-Mitte
Directions: U-Bahn: Stadtmitte

• Updated Jun 3, 2005

Comments

grishaV1 Used To Live Here!

grishaV1