"South Carolina is great!" South Carolina Tourist Trap Tip by CodyPup

South Carolina Tourist Traps: 12 reviews and 19 photos

My choir went down to Charleston for 5 days for an ajudication. My friends and I had the time of our lives... missing 3 days of school will make anyone happy :) But the best part was the people. Down in the market places in Charleston, the people are so friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. I went into a watch store for a present for my dad and we spent 1/2 an hour there just talking to the man and his wife. Don't feel nervous asking for help... the locals are SO friendly. And be sure to visit the USS Yorktown at Patriot's Point. The tours are awesome.

Unique Suggestions: The USS Yorktown can seem boring at some points but at least go up to the flight deck and see the fighter planes. I was never into WWII but after seeing and touching those planes I wanted to learn more about it. It's really a time trip down inside the aircraft carrier.

Fun Alternatives: If the ship isn't what you're looking for, the market place is so much fun. It's like an outdoor mall. A lot of handcrafted souvenirs are for sale like paintings and jewelry. I hope your trip is as good as mine was! It's sure to build lasting memories :)

• Written Apr 29, 2003

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to South Carolina?