Hock Seng: "Bakmie Hock Seng" Top 5 Page for this destination Medan Restaurant Tip by Audrey118

Medan Restaurants: 52 reviews and 64 photos

bakmie and my cuppa coffee
by Audrey118

A client took us there for noddles. It was for breakfast and funny - we had already passed this street several times. Medan is not that big.

The shop is corner lot - amusingly filled with lots of feng shui icons all over. look even at the ceiling - they have tiny stuffed hanging there!!!

Favorite Dish: Our host is well known here....the lady even knows what he wants without taking his order. And she spoke in Hokkien dialect - key liow - which means extra frills!!!

We only tried one thing - I think it is Bakmie, and with extras. When ordering the lady will ask you what type of noddles we want.

I asked for mee hoon which is dried vermicelli, my frieds wanted kuew teow which is flat rice noddles, etc.

OOOh - coffee in Medan is also pretty nice. It has a local flavour - very much like Malaysian coffee...the local type

it comes dry with a little gravy and you toss it to mix the little gravy through the noddles and it has condiments such as vege, small oysters, squids, meatballs - pork and also fish balls, small crab claws, and lots more...it was sumptuos - nothing I tried before in Malaysia. Rather unique but has this Malaysian local noddles flavour in it...familiar but not quite there.

They have little pots of pungent green chilli sauce to condiment it - i just love that - be careful it is very hot!!! but it has KICK!!!!

Address: Jl Jend A Yani V / 17 (Sp.Jl Kumango
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 4537912
Rating: 0
Theme: Local

• Written Apr 29, 2003

Comments

Audrey118

“next stop - Stockholm and Riga”

Have you been to Medan?