"Gondola trip - when your woman demands it" Gondole Tip by sourbugger
Gondole, Venice: 67 reviews and 76 photos
Sometimes you can't wriggle out of spending dosh. Either grin and bear it or make the best of it.
Unique Suggestions: So here are the tips to keep the price of a gondola trip down to a level that means you won't need to take out a second mortgage :
1) Don't go after a rainy day - there is pent up demand.
2) Find a quiet canal area with only a couple of gondaliers - they don't want others to know your haggled price.
3) Avoid firms with ticket booths etc
4) Avoid the Heavily tourist-infested areas. Back canals are more interesting anyway
5) Try in the early evening - they may have had a poor day
Fun Alternatives: 1) Divorce
2) Dump the girlfriend
3) Develop violent sea-sickness
4) Take a boat without consent in the dead of night and learn to punt pronto!
Basically there is no alternative!
More Tourist Traps in Venice (1)
More Reviews (14)
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels