"Calvinist Church: lions at the gate" Serooskerke (Walcheren) Things to Do Tip by Bonobo2005
Serooskerke (Walcheren) Things to Do: 26 reviews and 26 photos
If you look well, you may see a tower and church next to the Coinsqaure.
2 sandstone lions on pillars protect the entrance of the church.
These date back from early 18th century and hold the oldest arms of Serooskerke: a shield with a church surrounded by 3 roses.
However, it was not the official arms of Serooskerke but just one from one of the Lords in the region. They reputedly chose for this very arms because of the roses on the shields, which goes well with "roos" in seROOSkerke.
In 1816 the familyarms of Philibert Van Tuyll - was chosen for the design of the official arms of the new municipality of Serooskerke
More Things to Do in Serooskerke (Walcheren) (38)
More Reviews (142)
- See All Kleine Putweg Region
- See All Queens day: again a playback show
- See All Fresh fish once a week!
- See All Open Mill Day
- See All Mini camping De Druiverank
- See All You shouldn't miss the women's cycling...
- See All CrimesTop 5 in Serooskerke involving...
- See All Breedijk Horecaverzorging
- See All Low voltage storage unit #08
- See All Bus Serooskerke to Domburg
- See All Stroskerks Eetuus
Been to Serooskerke (Walcheren)?Share your travels with the world!
Bonobo2005's Related Pages
Have you been to Serooskerke (Walcheren)?Share Your Travels