"Restaurants in Ilot sacre area" Top 5 Page for this destination Restaurants around Grand' Place Tip by Norali
Restaurants around Grand' Place, Brussels: 42 reviews and 22 photos
Near Galeries de la Reine and Galeries du Roi, you will find a crowded street full of "seafood" restaurants with seafood stalls. The famous "(Petite) Rue des bouchers". Avoid them as food there is as not exceptional as its prices.
However, attractive layouts and stalls of seafood... Beware! For fresh seafood in Brussels, go to Place Ste-Catherine (also downtown)... Something to know, many of those restaurants share same underground dirty kitchens. They have problems with Hygiene Inspection (some rats were found in there). So, noone living in Brussels would advise you going there, so wouldnt I.
Unique Suggestions: If you really want to have this experience, Aux armes de Bruxelles (local cuisine) and Karim restaurants (for Maghreb tasty dishes) are exceptions to my warning!!
Pricey but quality food!!
Fun Alternatives: For alternatives, see my other Restaurant tips. Or go to local Chinatown for low price Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian standards... (Quartier de la Bourse). Convenient location.
OR, for cheap food near Grand-Place, go to "Pitta street" (rue du March? aux Fromages), just around the corner of Grand-Place. It's about Gyros pitta and variations on it. With fries (frites). Not top quality food at all but you could eat for 5 euros there (pitta + fries + soda/water). If you want, you could even order your meal and eat outside where is sunny (Grand-Place or Rue March? aux herbes). Strange enough, this street attracts locals as well (esp. students).
Anyways, for me, both Cheap Asian in Chinatown and Pittastreet (especially) restaurants serve as last resorts (open late and dead cheap). !!!!
For fresh seafood, rather go to Place Ste- Catherine.
More Reviews (145)
- See All Shoes, girls ! and bags ! and shoes! and...
- See All For a best Maghrebin treat
- See All It is all in the Baroque details
- See All There was Mojito, then Non-Alcohol...
- See All When you are at it, go browsing the fish...
- See All Manneke, Jeanneke, Zinneke: the Brussels...
- See All Brussels Card, especially for museum...
- See All Minimize the risk !
- See All Centrally located one
- See All This is Brussels: Manège d' Andrea for...
- Biking in Brussels streets
- Specific gear for rainy Brussels (and...
Norali's Related Pages
Have you been to Brussels?Share Your Travels