VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"" Chattanooga Things to Do Tip by DrewV

Chattanooga Things to Do: 180 reviews and 387 photos

<font face=verdana>It occurs to me that all of this should be in the 'Tourist Trap' section, because all of Chattanooga, and particularly Rock City, is a tourist trap. But it's too late now, so nevermind...

From the top of Rock City, you can theorectically see seven states: Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, North Carolina, Mississippi, and Kentucky (I think, though someone swears to me that he saw Virginia and not Mississippi -- I don't think it matters all that much).

Rock City is all about swinging bridges and fairytales brought to life and all that. Really, it was cute when I was a kid, but now it's old and worn. It might have been old and worn then, too.

One side note before I leave Rock City. Marguerite (my numero uno travelling companion) and I came to Chattanooga for a day trip during Fall Break in college. We asked some random guy to take our picture, which he did (see above). His comment was hysterical: 'This sure is a nice place for a honeymoon, isn't it?' I just had to repeat that. So, if you're ready for a honeymoon, try the gnomes at Rock City!</font>

• Written Aug 24, 2002

Comments

Have you been to Chattanooga?