"Mariensäule (column of Mary) in front of town hall" Top 5 Page for this destination Marienplatz Tip by Henkster
Marienplatz, Munich: 120 reviews and 190 photos
In the center of Marienplatz, the Mariensäule (St. Mary`s Column) attracts the eye. Elector Maximilian I endowed the city with this 11-metre marble column, crowned by a 2.25-metre golden statue of St. Mary. The column is particularly important since it is used as the central point of land surveying for the whole of Bavaria.
Address: Marienplatz, Munich
More Things to Do in Munich (30)
More Reviews (67)
- See All Irish Pubs in Schwabing
- See All One of the best Bavarian restaurants
- See All Beautiful cute house right at...
- See All Big Shopping Malls in Munich
- See All Lehel district
- See All Munich trade fair - the most modern in...
- See All Public transport and Airport -both are...
- See All Christmas Market on Marienplatz
- See All Munich is a sports city
- Traffic is heavy but public transport is...
- cant really say...
- Get your tix in advance
Henkster's Related Pages
Have you been to Munich?Share Your Travels