Zupa's: "Some say they were the best fries in Toronto" Top 5 Page for this destination Zupa's Tip by CdnJane
Zupa's, Toronto: 3 reviews and 2 photos
Zupa's is your typical greasy spoon... the place you wonder about. However, unassuming it maybe from the outside... and from the inside too... the food is first rate.
Lunchtime is always busy. Now with the no-smoking bylaw in Toronto there are perhaps fewer patrons eating in. But the food lines haven't diminished.
They serve food with or without the platter - huge big chunk fries, salad.
Well, things change... new owners, and NEW FRIES - they're just plain old regular fries, nothing special now.
Favorite Dish: I personally love their club sandwiches, with real sliced turkey piled high. Their burgers are huge old fashioned burgers.
Their roast pork is great too..served on Thursday. The veal on Wed sells out before 1pm.
July 30th - went back for the first time in a while - Great fish & chips! Well, the chips weren't the chunky ones, but not bad. However - the fish was excellent. Not the overbattered fish that is served too often. This was a seasoned batter, and definitely more fish than batter. Not too greasy. They have malt vinegar on the tables, so you have to ask for "white vinegar". I also enjoyed the coleslaw served, a little too oily, but nice and tangy. Not a cream dressing. I'll order this again.
Address: Adelaide St W
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Just west of Peter St, between Peter and Spadina, on the north side of the street.
Phone: +1 416-593-2775
Price: less than US$10
More Restaurants in Toronto (41)
More Reviews (69)
- See All CN Tower at Night
- See All Have a Friend with a Yacht Club...
- See All Catch glimpses of the Past and Present...
- See All Tim Horton's Coffee - Its the Canadian...
- See All Direction Signs on Exiting Subway...
- See All Pay Attention to Construction Sites
- See All Another Autumn Shot from my balcony
- See All Good Conference Location in North...
- See All Seems pretty popular
- See All Canada Day Goes Country
- Oh Dear! What should I bring
- Make Sure You've Settled on a Price
CdnJane's Related Pages
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels