"Cowgate's leftovers!" Tailors Hall Hotel Edinburgh Tip by M.E.R.V

Tailors Hall Hotel Edinburgh, Edinburgh: 1,274 reviews and 8 photos

We stayed at the Tailor's Hall hotel at the Cowgate and when we first arrived it took us ages to find it. A week before there was a massive fire in this part of the Old Town where the hotel was and the middle portion of it was blocked off! At one point I was so worried I thought the hotel was burnt down as well! Haha...We approached a police man on the site who didnt seem to know nothing which added to our devastation, I REALLY thought I had to sleep on the streets that nite! It was hilarious! We made several detours and finally found it at the other corner. I wasn't really impressed that day having to carry ma bags around searching in vain for the hotel while it was drizzling!

Unique Qualities: When we found the Tailor's Hall it was just a huge relief! The building is 400 years old, and the reason I chose to stay here was becos I was hoping to experience some paranormal activities, ahaha! I am merv the monkeyboy so I do stupid things okay? But there was none of that! Nevermind, I really did enjoy my stay here, the service is excellent, very clean and modern and defo worth the price!

Address: 139 Cowgate, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 1JS, United Kingdom
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 44 131 6226801
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.staycentralhotel.co.uk/

• Written Mar 31, 2003

“to build my own little travel library!”

Have you been to Edinburgh?