Amazing Grace Bakery & Cafe: "Bohemian and Proud of It" Top 5 Page for this destination Duluth Restaurant Tip by Ironic1

Duluth Restaurants: 48 reviews and 30 photos

Bohemia Arise! (and have some coffee)
by Ironic1

Amazing Grace is the place to go to drink coffee, eat a good sandwich, read a book or join someone in a game of chess or scrabble. This coffee house is just below street level so you can see people's knees as they walk by. The atmosphere is bohemian and ecclectic, but clean and friendly. Wireless internet access is available for those with the capability. Musicians often play there in the evenings and the rafters are filled with 8x10 glossies of the various groups and individuals who have passed through. In warmer months, you can take your coffee outside to their patio area which has a nice view of the aerial lift bridge and the lake.

Favorite Dish: The sandwiches are wonderful and plentiful. Only get a full sandwich if you are really hungry, you're sharing, or you want to save some for later. I generally have to squish my sandwich down to get it into my mouth, and I've got a big mouth.

Go in early to get fresh baked muffins and scones. They have 'em all day, but they're better fresh. Most days they open at 7am. If you see me there, pull up a chair and challenge me to a game of chess. If you beat me, I'll buy your next coffee.

Address: 394 Lake Avenue South
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: It's in the basement of the Dewitt-Seitz Marketplace in Canal Park. Parking is in the rear.
Phone: 218 723-0075
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Coffeehouse

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

“As soon as the generals and the politicos can predict the motions of your mind, lose it.”

Have you been to Duluth?