"Genoa, Italy" Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Things to Do Tip by sim1

Europe Things to Do: 1,313 reviews and 2,177 photos

Mini Vt-meeting in Genoa
by sim1

I had a few hours on a rainy day to spend in Genoa, and didn?t make that much photos or saw a lot of the city. But that doesn?t mean I regret going to Genoa, not at all! I had a great time meeting up with some great VT-friends!

Besides meetings VT-friends, we also tried to see some of Genoa. Unfortunately we only had a few hours to explore Genoa, not very much time to visit this huge city. Normally I would do a citywalk to get a good impression, but because of the weather we decided to visit the Cathedral and after that the aquarium. The Cathedral made by far the most impression on me. A must see when you visit Genoa in my opinion.

I wish I had stayed a bit longer in this city, as I felt that there is so much more that Genoa has to offer than I have seen. But I am not sure I visited Genoa on the right time though. Hahaha, the whole city seems to be in a big reconstruction. Next year (2004) Genoa will be the European capital of culture, and they do make some work of that! Almost every other historic building seems to be restored. The facades of the (probably beautiful) historic buildings are hidden away because of the construction work. I wish I could see how it all will look like when it is done. But I guess that is a good excuse to come back to Genoa again some day :-)

Read my Genoa page for much more info and pictures about the wonderful VT-meetings and my few hours of sightseeing in this city

Directions: Genoa is located in Italy in the region of Liguria
Website: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1c048/24bec/

• Updated Feb 24, 2010

sim1 Visits Here Frequently!

“Forever smiling :-)”