"Important Things to Check on Your Rental Car" Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Transportation Tip by Weissdorn
Germany Transportation: 321 reviews and 292 photos
1. Was insurance included in your contract agreement? It should have been included in the price. Ask to explain what coverage you are getting.
2. Is there only one driver entered on the contract? Sometimes they enter all drivers, and this costs extra per driver.
3. Does the car have valid TÜV and AU seals? In most cases this is redundant, but ask them to show you where the sticker is, so you can see for yourself.
4. Did you get a green international insurance coverage card? This is important in case you have an accident - don't leave the agency without it!
5. Did you get a tri-folded piece of paper with the words Fahrzeugschein on it? This is the registration. Don't leave the agency without it.
6. Is the tank full? You are required to fill the car up before you bring it back, so make sure it's full before you leave.
7. Did you check the oil? Even new cars get gasket leaks. Remember that diesel cars have to have their oil checked when they're cold (before you start the engine).
8. Do the headlights, taillights, blinkers and emergency blinkers work? Why should you have to buy a bulb? Make them replace it immediately or let them give you another car.
9. Is there a red safety reflector triangle and a sealed first-aid kit in the trunk? German law requires that you have this.
10. Did they give you a operation manual in English? If they don't have one, did someone take the time to show you how everything works?
11. Did they give you a number to call in case the car breaks down?
12. Did you check the to see if the tires are low?
13. Did you make a short list of every nick and scratch you could find, including pitting on the windshield? Have the agent sign the list, otherwise you might be liable for the deductable later.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Transportation in Germany (18)
More Reviews (88)
- See All Going Through "Red" is Better Than...
- See All Bueckeburg - The Magic Kingdom of...
- See All I Need A Place to Crash - But Not the...
- See All Oktoberfest in Munich
- See All Who said you can't drink the water?
- See All Fishing in Germany - Getting a License
Weissdorn's Related Pages
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels