"To tourist or not to tourist" Top 5 Page for this destination Middelburg Warnings Or Dangers Tip by ATLC

Middelburg Warnings and Dangers: 6 reviews and 2 photos

Usually I visit Middelburg because I have to be there (or in the neighbourhood). This time (March 21st 2003) my friend and I went especialy to visit Middelburg.

We were very disappointed to find that literally everything worth visiting in town was closed from November 1st to April 1st. We were just 10 days early.

Miniature Walcheren was closed.
-The abbey was closed.
-The Zeeuws Museum (Zeeland Museum) will not open until 2005 (although it says 2004 on the door when we got there!).
-The Historama (sound and light show about Zeeland life) does not exist anymore.
-The Town Hall only has guided tours on Saturday and Sunday for one hour.
-The abbey tower "Lange Jan" is also closed until April.

Of course it is logical that many (guided) tours, boat tours and some objects are not available in winter.
But this means that for the tourist visiting out of season there is not much to do from November to April.
I already noted many German tourists and I think it is a missed chance for Middelburg.

• Updated Mar 25, 2003

“The notion that the world is round makes me feel quite giddy! (quote Miss Matty, Cranford)”

Have you been to Middelburg?