"Changing of the Guards" London Tourist Trap Tip by tvor
London Tourist Traps: 437 reviews and 353 photos
All the tourist books advise you to go see the pomp and circumstance of the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace. It's crowded, it's a bunch of soldiers marching around with someone shouting at them telling them what to do and where to go. Personally i think it's a waste of time.
Unique Suggestions: go early to get a good spot. I think it starts at 11:30 but off season it's only every other day.
Fun Alternatives: If you want to see something similar, go see the HorseGuards. They have a changing of the guard as well and it's not far from the Palace. Probably less crowded and there are horses. Off Whitehall.
More Tourist Traps in London (3)
More Reviews (109)
- See All Nature and space, all under one roof
- See All Light and airy pub, Tottenham court road
- See All Great hotel near Euston
- See All Petrie Museum of Egyptology
- See All Wicked Theatre
- See All Ordering Theatre tickets online
- See All Bus map for the major attractions
- See All London Open House Weekend
- See All Free Stuff
- See All Travel books, guides and maps
- See All Theatre Dress Codes
tvor's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels