"Lake Müritz" Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Off The Beaten Path Tip by Weissdorn
Germany Off The Beaten Path: 478 reviews and 728 photos
Many who have been to Germany before, have seen Lake Constance (Bodensee), but few have see this lake, the second largest lake in Germany, and one of the largest lakes in Europe.
Lake Müritz is in the State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (former East Germany), and is a 117 square kilometer lake, situated in the middle of a national park between Berlin and Rostock.
The lake offers a number of recreational activities, such as watersports, including sailing schools, fishing, kayaking, canoeing and swimming. You can even rent a house boat here, and you don't even need a license for it.
They also have horseback riding, hiking, camping, bird watching trips and mushroom gathering trips.
There are also 200 km of bike paths for mountain biking, or you can rent bikes from the national park.
More Reviews (106)
- See All Going Through "Red" is Better Than...
- See All Bueckeburg - The Magic Kingdom of...
- See All I Need A Place to Crash - But Not the...
- See All Oktoberfest in Munich
- See All Who said you can't drink the water?
- See All Fishing in Germany - Getting a License
- See All Computer & Electronic Stores
- See All Getting Around in the Greater Stuttgart...
- Packing for Germany
- See All Camping in Germany
- See All Like Ice in the Sunshine, I'm Melting...
Been to Germany?Share your travels with the world!
Weissdorn's Related Pages
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels