"night stroll" Brussels Favorite Tip by bakpakchik

Brussels General: 440 reviews and 549 photos

Favorite thing: Back at the hostel at around ten, I couldn?t believe that all everyone else wanted to do was sit and chat. I chastised the crowd for being such a bore and motivated them with tales of our nightly trysts in paris. I was able to convince none but two English boys and a guy from Taiwan (who we actually should have left behind - he was such a bore) he actually had the nerve to ask me whether I even knew where Taiwan was. Actually, come to think of it, even the English boys were such a big bore. All I wanted was to see the city by night. I didn?t think it was safe to step out all alone, so it was just as well that the boys agreed to come. We walked around for an hour or so and I was glad I did it. Even though my company was crap, the grand place looked magnificent by night. We came back to the hotel and I thought the Canadian girls must have gone to bed, but I found them chatting with a group of Irish boys we had been talking with earlier. My boring night-stroll buddies turned in for the night and I joined the Canadian girls and the Irish boys. We sat around talking about nothing special and drank the hostel bar dry, after which the whole gang decided to get up and move to the pub down the road - a new supply of beer.I didn?t really feel like going to the pub, so I stayed back with this other irish guy who didn?t feel like having any more beer. Pretty soon, the gang was back again, they had finished all the beers in the pub too.

• Written Mar 19, 2003

“Ajnabi Sheher Key Ajnabi Raastey .... :)”

Have you been to Brussels?