"lunch" Brussels Favorite Tip by bakpakchik

Brussels General: 440 reviews and 549 photos

Favorite thing: I washed up and settled myself in the conservatory. There seemed to be no one around and I got a little upset thinking that everybody would probably be out till late. It was five right now. As I was sitting and
moping, two girls walked in and sat down. Turned out it was their first day in Brussels too and they had just been to the Grand Place and town center and had come back for a bit of a break before setting out for dinner. We sat around for an hour or so exchanging travel stories and life stories and then set out into the city.

The girls had already been around and they showed me the Grand Place, the town center, the covered market and ?. Manekken Pis. I was rather disappointed. I thought it would be huge and placed in the center of the square or something, but it was rather tiny - barely three feet high - and tucked into a non-descript corner. After seeing all there was to see, we decided it was time to get some food. We walked into a little alley in the market area where waiters thrust their menus in our face and tried to lure us in with promises of low prices and great food, with a free drink or dessert thrown in. It took us nearly an hour to decide where to eat. After the meal we stopped at a little pub the girls had heard about from one of the guys at the hostel.

• Written Mar 19, 2003

“Ajnabi Sheher Key Ajnabi Raastey .... :)”

Have you been to Brussels?