"The Guild houses" Guild Houses Tip by filipdebont
Guild Houses, Brussels: 36 reviews and 51 photos
The Grote Markt is surrounded by beautiful guild houses. The picture shows you the short Market side, on the right hand side when you stand with your face towards the City hall.
Each Guild had its own Guild house.
From right to left you see:
- The king of Spain or the Bakery house, with a dome with a gilded wind vane.
- The wheelbarrow, also named the Vettewariershouse.
- The Bag, the house of the Cabinetmakers and the Coopers.
- The She-Wolf, former possession of the crossbow shooting guild. Above the entrance you can see Remus and Romulus, breastfed by a she-wolf.
- The Horn, house of the ship's guild
- The Fox, house of the thread and band sellers.
You can see each house has its own history.
Address: Grand Place,1000 Brussels
Directions: Around the Square
More Things to Do in Brussels (72)
More Reviews (20)
- See All Before the concert
- See All Discover the Museum Quarter
- Making pictures while you drive
- See All Sightseeing Busses
filipdebont's Related Pages
Have you been to Brussels?Share Your Travels