"Appenzell Inn" Appenzell Inn Tip by goingsolo

Appenzell Inn, Estes Park: 243 reviews and 1 photos

Estes Park
by goingsolo

I stayed here for one night and found it pleasant, but expensive. The grounds were nice and well-kept, but grounds are not really a selling point when Rocky Mountain is in your backyard.

The room was a good size and even had a fireplace. I don't remember any problems with it, but I also don't remember that it wowed me either.

There's no restaurant on the property. This isn't really a problem since the Inn is located within walking distance from many restaurants, but I figured that was something worth mentioning.

Unique Qualities: Smoking is not permitted in rooms or on the grounds. The Inn makes guests sign a statement that they will not smoke anywhere on the property. Anyone who even thinks about smoking will be fined $1 million dollars and expelled from the state of Colorado for the rest of their natural lives.

I'm just kidding about the last sentence. But the hotel does make guests sign that they will not smoke and advises, in writing, that anyone who does smoke will be fined $250 and removed from the property.

Address: 1100 Big Thompson Ave. Estes
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: I-25 north to Hwy 36, through Pinewood Springs until 1st stoplight past Lake Estes; right at 2nd stoplight, 3/4 mi down on right .
Phone: 800 425-1125
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Inn
Website: http://www.appenzellinn.com

• Updated Jan 21, 2005

More Hotels in Estes Park (1)

“"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."”

Have you been to Estes Park?