Maria: "30 years ago...." Maria Tip by utttz

Maria, Genoa: 7 reviews and 6 photos

I confess I did't publish this restaurant before as a sort of "revenge".... In the guide I mention in the intro the only restaurant mentioned was this one. now I know for sure that some other VTrs has discovered it I can give up with my embargo and speak about Maria.
Maria,is still the same old maria who was there 30 years ago and way before, she's the white, small, smiling little woman behind the counter.
surrounded by handwrititten notices like "ice cream really good only vanilla", "fantastic baked apple" that you can only really appreciate in italian.
The first thing you think entering the place is "How the hell this place can still be open in 2003?" but I know no one being poisoned by maria in his history.... well... lot of time ago I personally saw a cat on the lifter with my ravioli.... the cat was pretending to ignore my dish and the ravioli where delicious as usual .. so... who cares :-)
Here you can sit with a rasta, a spanish student, a manager and someone who ha no money to pay the bill
Definitely a backpakers and "on budget" place is worth visiting if you like to bring your sense in a sincere 30 years ago stuff... no one is pretending here, maria is a real timelapse

Favorite Dish: maria's pesto is not the best in genoa but it's far from being the worst. Stocche (stocafisso accomodato, stockfisw with potatotomatoolive), purpu ( polpo con patate , boiled octopus with potato)

Address: Vico testadoro 14r
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: from piazza fontane marose.. go towards deferrari in via XXV aprile the first "carugio" on the left is maria (before napoleon) close on saturday and monday evening
Phone: 010581080
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated Jul 10, 2003

Comments

utttz

“whynot?”