"Trekking in Kalaw" Myanmar (Burma) Off The Beaten Path Tip by lenoreva
Myanmar (Burma) Off The Beaten Path: 84 reviews and 115 photos
Our guide, Thet Win Naung, who operates out of the Eastern Paradise hotel in Kalaw, took us on an amazing one day trek through the countryside surrounding Kalaw. We saw plantations growing a variety of crops including califlower, sesame, tea, rice, oranges, pineapples, avocados, and bananas. We visited a Palaung villiage - where we saw school in session, visited a family, and were given a demonstration on how tea leaves are dried and cooked. That's where we met this little girl (pictured). We had lunch at a lovely look-out point and later visited a monestary. Thet Wen was a very knowledgeable guide and the scenery was so beautiful - this was a definate highlight of our trip.
More Reviews (24)
- See All Mt. Popa
- See All Hey - we are also a tourist attraction!
- See All Thanakha
- See All Shopping for handicrafts in Yangon
- See All Want to see the "Long-necked" women?
- The best Thai food in Burma
- See All Money, Money, Money!
- If you can't live without nightlife -...
- See All Film and Photo equipment
- See All Accommodation in Yangon
- If you plan a mix of inland...
Been to Myanmar (Burma)?Share your travels with the world!
lenoreva's Related Pages
Have you been to Myanmar (Burma)?Share Your Travels