VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

La Vineria: "Small Italian in midtown" Top 5 Page for this destination La Vineria Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED Tip by cjg1

by cjg1

• Small Italian in midtown - New York City
      April 27, 2003
    by cjg1

It is a small Italian restaurant tucked away on 55th street between 5th and 6th avenues. It reminded me a lot of Sodini in San Francisco with a little more lighting.

Reservations come highly recommended here as it is a very small place. You will find them there to serve you for lunch and dinner daily while Sundays are only dinner.

Favorite Dish: I had the Penne "La Vineria". Quite good. Also saw a cut of meat come from the kitchen that would have taken me more than an hour to eat. Maybe next time I can try. I will go back.

Update. I did get back here. I had the black angus that I saw the last time I was here. I wanted it then but had just gotten my pasta. I got it this time and was, for good or bad, the talk of the meal the rest of the night.

Address: 19 West 55th street
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: On the north side of 55th street between 5th and 6th Aves.
Phone: 212 247 3400
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.lavineriarestaurant.com/

• Updated Oct 27, 2006

Comments

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to New York City?