"SCOTLAND - Isle of Mull - Iona" Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Off The Beaten Path Tip by globetrott
Europe Off The Beaten Path: 344 reviews and 679 photos
Iona is one of the eldest monasteries of christianity in Scotland.
It is situated on a small island next to the Island of Mull. A ferry takes you over within 5 minutes.
Have a look for the great arcades in the innercourt , the beautiful Celtic cross on the graveyard and some great details inside the church.
Also the rest of the island is worth a little walk.
More Off The Beaten Path in Europe (109)
Updated Dec 4, 2015
GERMANY - Potsdam - Sanssouci & the old Fritz
Updated Oct 28, 2014
DANMARK - Odense & Hans Christian Andersen
Updated Sep 19, 2014
AUSTRIA: Stift Göttweig, the austrian Montecassino
Updated Sep 7, 2014
Traunkirchen & the famous "Fisher-pukpit"
More Reviews (239)
- See All Achenseebahn: oldest cogwheeltrain on...
- See All RUSSIA: I found 50.000,- $$ on the Red...
- See All ITALY: Siena - give it at least 24 hours
- See All ITALY: Carnevale di Venezia
- See All a romantic hotel in Rothenburg ob der...
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Europe?Share Your Travels