"Sven and Ole's" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Marais Things to Do Tip by zrim

Grand Marais Things to Do: 7 reviews and 8 photos

pizza
by zrim

No question. The one and only must see in Grand Marais is Sven and Ole's.

Ok, I probably need to explain for all those who do not live in Minnesota. We have quite a Scandanavian heritage in the state and where other places might have polish jokes or dumb blonde jokes, we have Sven and Ole jokes.

Like the time that Sven goes into work and sees Ole with a thermas. Sven says, "Ole, what in tarnation is that gizmo."

Ole says, "Sven, I got this down by the K-Mart, it is called a thermas. It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. See I got coffee in here and it is just as hot as when I poured it from the pot three hours ago."

The next day Ole comes to work with his thermas and Sven says, "Ole you got that thermas gizmo with you again."

"Sure thing Sven, it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. Today I filled the thermas with cold milk to eat with my cookies."

Well, Ole seemed to enjot his milk and cookies so much that Sven just had to go by the K-Mart and get a thermas for himself.

The next day Sven comes into work swinging his thermas and looking mighty proud.

"Oh Sven, you got one of them thermas gizmos. What have you got in there?" asked Ole.

"Ole, the man at the store said you were right, it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. So I've got some of Lena's piping hot lutefisk stew and two scoops of ice cream for dessert."

• Updated Jun 25, 2003

Comments

zrim

“I'm thirsty”

Have you been to Grand Marais?