"K/60 Tuschinski cinema" Top 5 Page for this destination Rembrandtplein Area Tip by ATLC
Rembrandtplein Area, Amsterdam: 30 reviews and 48 photos
If you like Art Deco, then this is the place to go. Tuschinski had fled Poland and wanted to emigrate to the US but halfway stayed in The Netherlands.
At first he opened four cinema's in Rotterdam and then planned to build a cinematographic palace in the capital. The architect Hijman Louis de Jong designed what was called a mondial theatre palace.
Tuschinski opened its doors in October 1921.
In the period 1998-2002 it has been completely renovated and, including modern annexes, includes 19 cinema theatres with a total of 4000 seats.
More Things to Do in Amsterdam (72)
More Reviews (56)
- See All Where to get your laundry done.
- See All Winner B&B 2009/self-catering near...
- See All Gluten free / coeliaki
- See All 4 countries, 6 days
- See All DIY in Amsterdam
- See All Second hand clothing male/female
- See All A walk through De Pijp
- See All City walk with a local
- See All Amsterdam for the disabled
- Surinamese multicultural festival
- Amsterdam is a tourist trap
Been to Amsterdam?Share your travels with the world!
ATLC's Related Pages
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels