"B/10 Scheepvaarthuis" Top 5 Page for this destination Scheepvaart - Maritime Museum Tip by ATLC
Scheepvaart - Maritime Museum, Amsterdam: 52 reviews and 78 photos
There, just behind the CitroŽn was the Scheepvaarthuis. A masterpiece of The Amsterdam School. Of course it was closed, it was a Saturday after all, but the great detail on the outside merited quite a few snapshots.
The Amsterdam School developed between 1915-1940 and was a style directly influenced by the Industrial Revolution. Many workers and their families had to be housed and the town council needed to drastically expand housing facilities.
The specific style of architect Berlage was the direct predecessor of the Amsterdam School.
The architects splurged on sculptures and elaborate masonry on the exterior of buildings.
Address: Prins Hendrikkade 108-114
More Things to Do in Amsterdam (72)
More Reviews (56)
- See All Where to get your laundry done.
- See All Winner B&B 2009/self-catering near...
- See All Gluten free / coeliaki
- See All 4 countries, 6 days
- See All DIY in Amsterdam
- See All Second hand clothing male/female
- See All A walk through De Pijp
- See All City walk with a local
- See All Amsterdam for the disabled
- Surinamese multicultural festival
- Amsterdam is a tourist trap
Been to Amsterdam?Share your travels with the world!
ATLC's Related Pages
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels